OUR MEMBERSHIP COVENANT
This double-belonging works out primarily in the life of the local church, which is the focal point of God's plan for displaying the glory of Christ to the world. Members in Trinity Church, Tamworth, formally express that belonging by covenanting together.
We believe we have been brought by the grace of God to repent of our sins and trust in Jesus Christ as Lord. Relying on his grace to help us, we hereby covenant with each other as the body of Christ in Trinity Church:
- We affirm that Christ alone is head of the church which he bought with his own blood. We therefore commit to live together under his Word, the Bible, the supreme and only true authority in every matter of life and faith.
- We will regularly meet together as the body of Christ to display his glory and edify others. We will fulfil our responsibilities in this body, according to our gifts and opportunities.
- We commit to work loyally with one another to support a biblical teaching ministry in this Church, and to extend the knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ in our wider community, and play our part in taking it throughout the world.
- We will encourage, pray for, and submit to the elders of this Church, that they might lead us and live among us in a way that is pleasing to Christ. We will urge them to teach the whole counsel of God. We accept that the teaching in Trinity Church will be in accord with the system of doctrine in the Westminster Confession of Faith.
- We will pursue holiness in our own lives and in the church, saying ‘no’ to ungodliness, and ‘yes’ to what is upright and godly, having been redeemed by Jesus Christ to be a people for himself.
- We will gladly work and pray to maintain our unity in Christ. We will walk together in brotherly love, affectionately and responsibly caring for one another. We will pray for each other, rejoice in each other’s joys, and tenderly bear each other’s burdens and sorrows.
- We make this covenant and commitment, by God’s enabling, and for his glory.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen.